Friday, July 4, 2008

Sunday, June 22nd, Part One, back east with Steve

Sunday, 6.45, everything packed in Steves SuperCub, we flew North to Cascade to fuel up. Then South. Steve flew us out of the mountains. Then we changed places I got the honor to fly past the Great Salt Lake, thru the canyon at Ogden, and we followed the Interstate 80 for a long way. We had a short break at a local McDonald and we moved on: we wanted to be in Kansas City that evening. We had a good tailwind: some 30 mhp. We saw breathtaking landscapes.































No mans land for sure. We stuck to the interstate!















This is me in the canyon , so narrow that I had to dip nose to se the Interstate below!















Then I made a smooth landing at Laramie Airport. We fuelled up, wanted to take a brake, and then we heard a burts of thunder.
I said: 'Tie her down?' But Steve answered: 'No, let's get the hell out of here!' And so we did.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: