Friday, July 4, 2008

Saturday, June 21st: Dave Kirsten proposed to sleep in a proper bed, and so we did!
We flew Friday evening to a nearbye valley, and rented a room and two real beds with Brook and Dan.















The next morning we flew out again, and landed on the most barren airstrips I have ever seen.
Dave did a great job guiding me in this completely new environment. I have the serious notion to do a proper mountain before doing any solo flying in mountains like here!















Here the devastation caused by the bushfires last year as the rage now in Northern California!















But we saw also wonderful sights like the snow on the mountains.
Saturdaynight there was a raffle: 1st prize a set of big Alaska Bush Tires!
And a Garmin 296 gps. Not for me, I won a calendar with beautiful lady ...
Anyhow, this time I slept in the tent. The next day I was going early back east, with Steve Johnson in his SuperCub!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: