Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tuesday, August 12th, Seaplane training

Today the weather was great again. I took my chance to have my first seaplane training ever. With Curt Drumm of Lakeshore Aviation, Manitowoc WI. At 9.00 AM the Cessna was lorried out of the hanger.














First I made a landing in Lake Winnebago, but Curt decided it was kindof rough there, so we went to a lake North of Oshkosh. There we made another six landings, I tried speed taxiing, we saw a pelican and had lots of fun.














Total seaplane time is now 2.,3 hours and I believe I am infected by the seaplane virus! I want more of this: landing on the water, going to nice places, maybe swim, maybe fish or camp out. Incredible!














Here is a splash! Tomorrow we will drive to Chicago and spend the night there. This flight is a good way to say goodbye for now for the flying part of my USA vacation 2008.

More pictures of the seaplane training

No comments: