Monday, June 23, 2008

From Oosterland to Wisconsin and California




Tuesday, June 17th, Cécilia en Reint head for the States. Friend Marie Anne brought us to the railwaystation in Roosendaal where we boarded the train for Brussels. After 8 hours we set foot on Dulles Airport in Washington DC, and after some more time we reached our destination Chicago. First we got our compact rental, though more expensive than we had counted on. The insurance was more than the whole rental fee! Anyhow, in the USA one needs a car! Then we had a good rest in a hotel near O'Hare Airport.



Wednesdaymorning our roads split. Cécilia headed for Whitelaw, Wisconsin. I took a ride to O'Hare again to board USAIR4
to Sacramento, California .


There I met Dave Kirsten, from Lodi CA. We only had email communications before! He had offered me a ride in his SuperCub from Sacramento to the Johnson Creek Fly In, Idaho. Dave is one of the initiators and organizers.
We loaded my few bags in his pickup truck, and off we went to Lodi. Dave invited me to watch the softball game he would be playing with his friends, among who also Mark, his son.



In Holland I had forgotten my sleeping bag, and Mark lent me his , after we had a good dinner in a local restaurant, where they also brew the famous Lodi Beer. After some work done at Dave Kirstens office (see http://www.kirsten.com) we went home where I was welcomed by Daves wife. I had a shower and went to bed.




No comments: